Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is defined as:
‘any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.’
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com
What data we gather
Through the Contact form on this website, we may collect information that includes the following (‘Personal Information’):
- Name and organisation
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Other information relevant to your enquiries.
We may also collect the following other information that does not reveal your identity or does not relate directly to you or any other individual:
- Website usage data.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, GAMIAN-Europe, will collect and use your Personal Information to:
- respond to any enquiries or requests that you have
- communicate with you by mail, telephone, or email about the Words to Actions campaign
- further the Words to Actions campaign’s purposes, such as to communicate with you about the continuing work of the Words to Actions campaign or provide you with updates that you have requested
- enable us to recognise any information that you submit on this website as relating to you.
Why does GAMIAN-Europe need to collect and store Personal Information?
Will GAMIAN-Europe share your Personal Information with anyone else?
We may pass your Personal Information on to third-party service providers contracted to GAMIAN-Europe in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to provide us with services such as website hosting, newsletter mailing, email delivery, and other similar services.
In addition, we may use or disclose Personal Information if it is necessary: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with court orders and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; or (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates.
When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with GAMIAN-Europe’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will GAMIAN-Europe use the Personal Information it collects about you?
GAMIAN-Europe will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. GAMIAN-Europe is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of Personal Information should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal Information may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will GAMIAN-Europe contact you?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
How GAMIAN-Europe protects your Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable physical and technical safeguards designed to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through this website.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be completely secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up to date antivirus software. If you believe that any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights in accessing the Personal Information that GAMIAN-Europe holds about you
GAMIAN-Europe, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If GAMIAN-Europe does hold Personal Information about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of GAMIAN-Europe or a third party, information about those interests
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
GAMIAN-Europe accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from the last 3 months).
Our cookies policy
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy, which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called ‘Incognito’ in Chrome, ‘InPrivate’ in Internet Explorer, ‘Private Browsing’ in Firefox and Safari etc.)
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
WordPress: Our websites run the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for can be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for these purposes and then change your mind, you can:
- send an email to email@example.com asking to be removed from our marketing list
- (in the case of email communications) click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any email itself.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Last updated May 2019